MPH Training was setup in 2008 specifically to comply fully with the requirements of the Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) that came into force for all test centre’s from 1st January 2009.
Our goal is to make your employees safer and more productive in their jobs.
We work alongside companies to deliver bespoke training to meet their individual needs.
All of our testers and trainers are professionally qualified and have a vast amount of experience gained both in the industry and training environments.
Click here for images that show what we do here at MPH Training.
CPCS is a card scheme administered by Cskills to prove the skill of plant operators, it has now arguably become the most widely recognised card scheme for plant operators in the UK. Nearly all big construction sites require their operators to hold a red CPCS card as a minimum.
Whether you require a Red Trained Operator Card, a Blue Competence Card, or you are moving from a Red Trained Operator card to a Blue Competent Operator card, MPH have the right people and facilities to ensure that your operators receive the best preparation to become competent operators when they get out on to site.
Prior to being registered for your CPCS Theory and Practical test, you must pass the CSkills Health and Safety Test (if not passed in the last 2 years);
You will be required to complete a Theory Assessment per category, sample question can be found at www.cskills.org/centreandschool/cpcs It is recommended that these questions are viewed, as the Practical Assessment cannot be taken before successful completion of the Theory Assessment.
We are able to deliver an extensive range of testing and training across a wide variety of categories:
- A09 Forward Tipping Dumper
- A10 Excavator 180º below 5 tonnes
- A12 Excavator 180º above 5 tonnes
- A14 Rough Terrain Forklift /Masted Truck
- A16 Industrial Forklift Truck
- A17 Telescopic Handler
- A21 Wheeled Loading Shovel
- A25 Mobile Elevated Work Platform Scissor
- A26 Mobile Elevated Work Platform Boom
- A31 Ride-on Roller
- A33 Agricultural Tractor
- A34 Crawler – Tractor / Dozer
- A36 Lorry Loader
- A39 Skip Handler
- A40 Slinger/Signaller
- A41 Loader Compressor
- A42 Crusher
- A43 Screener
- A56 Dump Truck – Articulated Chassis
- A57 Dump Truck – Rigid Chassis
- A58 Excavator 360º below 10 tonnes
- A59 Excavator 360º above 10 tonnes
- A60 Mobile Crane
- A61 Appointed Person
- A62 Crane Superviser
- A68 Plant Driving
- A97c Excavator 360º below 10 tonnes – Lifting
The National Plant Operators Registration Scheme (NPORS) was established in 1992 and is now one of the UKs leading accreditation and registration bodies. NPORS works across the construction, industrial, utilities, warehousing and distribution, agricultural, ports and marine sectors. It offers flexibility, whilst maintaining standards both nationally and internationally, by working with industry and accredited training providers.
- Abrasive Wheels
- Cable Avoidance Tools
- Harness and Fall Arrest Course
- Industrial Counterbalance Lift Truck
- Industrial Telescopic Handler
- Mini Excavator 360
- Rear Dump Truck
- Lorry Loader
- Manual Handling
- M.E.W.P. Boom
- M.E.W.P. Scissor Lift
- Material Re-Handler 360
- Plant Mover
- Road Roller
- Skidsteer Loader
- Safe Working at Height
- Safety Awareness
- Skip Lorries
- Telescopic Handler
- Agricultural Tractor
- Rough Terrain Lift Truck
- Excavator 180/360
- Forward Tipping Dumper
- Forward Tipping Mini Dumper
- Landfill Compactor
- Loading Shovel
Gaining the relevant NVQ will help you change from a Red Trained Operator card to a Blue Competent Operator card. We deliver both OSAT (On Site Assessment & Training) & EWPA (Experienced Worker Practical Assessment) NVQ’s to gain the CPCS 5 year blue competence card. You must have passed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment test within the last two years. Without this, you will not be permitted to take the CPCS Technical Tests, theory and practical.
- Cskills Awards L2 NVQ Diploma – Slinger/Signaller
- Cskills Awards L2 NVQ Diploma – Cranes & Specialist Lifting Plant
- Cskills Awards L2 NVQ Diploma – Excavating Plant
- Cskills Awards L2 NVQ Diploma – Bituminous Paving
- Cskills Awards L5 NVQ Diploma – Planning Lifts
- Cskills Awards L4 NVQ Diploma – Supervising Lifts
- Cskills Awards L2 NVQ Diploma – Land Driller Support Operative (QCF402 only)
- Cskills Awards L2 NVQ Certificate – Cranes & Specialist Lifting
- Cskills Awards L2 NVQ Certificate – Extracting Plant
- Cskills Awards L2 NVQ Certificate – Fork-Lift Trucks
- Cskills Awards L2 NVQ Certificate – Processing Plant
- Cskills Awards L2 NVQ Certificate – Transporting Loads
- Cskills Awards L2 NVQ Certificate – Work Platforms
- Cskills Awards L2 NVQ Certificate – Compacting Plant
If you don’t feel CPCS or NPORS is the right card scheme for you we are able to do site based competence tests in the workplace, plastic ID cards will be provided along with certification to ensure your complying with legislation.
Health & Safety
We have facilities to deliver a range of courses here at MPH and can also provide instructors to carry out the training at your workplace.
- C&G Confined Spaces Low/Med Risk 1-2 Days
- COSHH 1
- Fire Marshall
- Fire Risk Assessment
- First Aid at Work/Refresher
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- IOSH Safety for Senior Executives
- IOSH Directing Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- IOSH Supervising Safely
- IOSH Working Safely
- Face Fit Testing
- Cskills SMSTS, SMSTS Refresher & SSSTS
- Cskills Health & Safety Awareness
- Cskills PMSTS
- Ladders & Trestles Inspection
- Manual Handling
- Risk Assessment
- Safe Use of Abrasive Wheels
- UKATA Asbestos Awareness Category
“Very Impressed with my weeks course, the staff and trainers were very friendly and helpful. I was very nervous doing my 360 excavator 10+ tonne being a complete novice, but was put at ease and succesfully passed my 5 Day Course. Thanks Guys, Couldn’t recommend enough.” – Scottie Aitken 30th April 2017
“Very pleased with the professional way the examiners conducted my 360 excavator test. Needless to say I passed with flying colours” – Jon Taylor 2nd May 2017
“Did my articulated dump truck course there 12th to 14th June 2017. Course content and intructor training was excellent, would recommend it to anyone who wants to get into the industry, 1st class training providers.” – Rico Yon 14th June 2017
ARE YOU TAKING FULL ADVANTAGE OF YOUR CITB LEVY PAYMENTS? Grants are available on a wide range of training courses delivered here at MPH.