To provide thorough practical and theory plant training in operating a 360 degree Excavator, to enable the candidate to competently and safely fulfil the role and pass the relevant CPCS
Theory and Practical Tests.
- Operating the plant machinery to a minimum standard
- Fitting and operating ancillary equipment
- Siting the machine safely and efficiently
- Carrying out minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures
- Preparing the machine for travelling on the public highway
- The capabilities of each machine, its purpose and limitations
- All safety precautions necessary for the correct operation of the machine
- How diesel engines work and how various parts of the machine operate
- How to interpret the information provided by level pegs, profiles and so on
- What routine adjustments and servicing procedures are necessary for the plant equipment, and how to carry them out
A98c Excavator 360 above 10 tonnes – Lifting operations
To obtain the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card all candidates must pass both the CSCS touch screen Health & Safety test (within the last 2 years) and the CPCS Theory Test as well as the
Practical Test. These plant operator exams are available online at: www.cskills.org/centreandschool/cpcs
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Register and complete the NVQ level 2 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.
If you have any questions or queries regarding plant operation examinations, please do not hesitate to contact MPH Training on 01603 882220.