To provide thorough practical and theoretical plant training in operating a Dump Truck – Articulated Chassis, to enable the candidate to safely and competently operate the
machinery and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
- Basic construction, names of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges
- Use of the plant equipment operator’s handbook, etc
- Pre-use and running checks
- Set the vehicle for site and road travel
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including rough, undulating ground, both in a loaded and unloaded state
- Manoeuvre the vehicle in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, in a loaded and unloaded state
- Explain precautions to be taken for overhead services and other hazards
- Position the dump truck to receive loads
- Comply with plant loading procedures, loading integrity and security
- Discharge loads into trenches or over edges
- Place the dump truck in an out-of-service condition
- Loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporters
- Trained operator achievement test
A: Up to 15 tonnes
B: All Sizes
To obtain the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CSCS touch screen Health & Safety test (within the last 24 months) and the CPCS Theory Test and the
Practical Test. These plant operation examinations can be viewed online at: www.cskills.org/centreandschool/cpcs.
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Register and complete the NVQ level 2 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.
If you have any questions or queries regarding plant operation examinations, please do not hesitate to contact MPH Training on 01603 882220.