To provide thorough practical and theory plant training in operating a Crusher, to enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory
and Practical Tests.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Configure and set for travel (mobile units)
- Travel over rough, undulating ground and level surfaces
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces (mobile units)
- Configure and set for crushing duties to produce aggregate to specified sizes
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Crush different types of materials
- Sort materials into graded sizes
- Control and maintain the work flow rate
- Use appropriate communication procedures before and during work
- Explain procedures for blockages and foreign object removal
- Clean down the plant machinery and working area
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading, unloading and machine disassembly procedures for machine transporting
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CSCS touch screen H+S test (within the last 2 years) and the CPCS Theory Test and the
Practical Test. The tests for plant operators can be viewed online at: www.cskills.org/centreandschool/cpcs.
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Register and complete the NVQ level 2 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.
If you have any questions or queries regarding plant operation examinations, please do not hesitate to contact MPH Training on 01603 882220.