To provide high quality training and testing in the safe and effective use of plant and machinery to enable the candidate to attain the CPCS Red Operator Card.
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Configure and set for site and highway travel
- Travel over rough, undulating ground and level surfaces; laden and Un-laden
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
- Configure and set for loading operations
- Configure and set for pneumatic tool operations
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Sort and place materials into transporting vehicles and/or hoppers
- Clear spread materials
- Carry out compressor shut-down procedures and tool/equipment storing
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
To obtain the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card all candidates must pass both the CSCS touch screen Health & Safety test (within the last 2 years) and the CPCS Theory Test as well as the
Practical Test. These plant operator exams are available online at: www.cskills.org/centreandschool/cpcs.
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Register and complete the NVQ level 2 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.
If you have any questions or queries regarding plant operation examinations, please do not hesitate to contact MPH Training on 01603 882220.