To deliver thorough theoretical and practical plant training in the responsibilities of a Lorry Loader, to enable the candidate to safely and competently carry out the role and pass
the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
- Carrying out pre start and running checks of the carrier vehicle & lifting appliance
- Configure the lorry loader & carrier vehicle for site & road travel
- Manoeuvre the carrier vehicle into position in order to carry out lifting exercises
- Set up carrier vehicle to carry out lifts at minimum & maximum radii
- Load plant vehicle in accordance with industry practices
- Secure loads on vehicle bed in accordance with industry practices
- Remove and reattach bucket
- Place machine in and out of service condition
- Explain loading and unloading procedures
B: Clamshell Bucket
C: Hydraulic Clamp
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CSCS touch screen Health & Safety test (within the last 2 years) and the CPCS Theory Test and the
Practical Test. These plant operator tests can be viewed online at: www.cskills.org/centreandschool/cpcs.
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Register and complete the NVQ level 2 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.
If you have any questions or queries regarding plant operation examinations, please do not hesitate to contact MPH Training on 01603 882220.