To provide thorough practical and theory plant training in operating a Crawler – Tractor/Dozer, to enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role
and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use plant checks
- Configure and set for site travel
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces
- Manoeuvre the plant equipment in confined spaces
- Configure and set for excavating duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Construct ramps and form and shape stockpiles
- Grade, spread and level ground and materials
- Carry out plant equipment shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CSCS touch screen Health & Safety test (within the last 2 years) and the CPCS Theory Test and the
Practical Test. These plant operator tests can be viewed online at: www.cskills.org/centreandschool/cpcs.
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Register and complete the NVQ level 2 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.
If you have any questions or queries regarding plant operation examinations, please do not hesitate to contact MPH Training on 01603 882220.