To provide comprehensive practical and theory-based construction plant training in operating a Ride on Roller, to enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS
Theory and Practical Tests.
CPCS Ride on Roller Course Content
- Identify the basic construction, purpose and function of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation.
- Carry out all necessary plant equipment pre-use and running checks.
- Set the roller for site travel.
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including undulating ground.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction.
- Set the roller for compaction duties.
- Prepare an area prior to compacting, i.e. traffic/personnel management etc.
- Compact different materials to given instructions.
- Compact up to supported and unsupported edges, against radii and around obstructions
- Place the roller in an out-of-service condition.
- Recognise compacted and uncompact areas.
- State conditions that may cause instability of the ride on roller
- State safety procedures when working up to unsupported edges.
- Explain safety procedures when compacting on inclines.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CSCS touch screen Health & Safety test (within the last 2 years) and the CPCS Theory Test and the
Practical Test. These plant operator tests can be viewed online at: www.cskills.org/centreandschool/cpcs.
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Register and complete the NVQ level 2 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.
If you have any questions or queries regarding plant operation examinations, please do not hesitate to contact MPH Training on 01603 882220.