To provide thorough theoretical and practical training in operating a telehandler to enable the candidate to competently and safely operate the machine and
pass the CPCS Telescopic Handler training course Theory and Practical Tests.
CPCS Telescopic Handler Training Course Content
- Operating the plant machinery on all normal tasks for which it is designed
- Deciding whether a particular load is safe to lift
- Carrying out routine telescopic handler servicing procedures and plant maintenance in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
- Conducting minor mechanical adjustments
- Preparing and driving the machine on public highways, and loading in onto a transporter in accordance with the requirements of the UK Road Traffic Acts
- Understanding the purpose and capabilities of the machine and any relevant safety precautions necessary for its operation
- How the handler machine works and the maintenance requirements involved
- The effect of load, size, weight, gradients and ground conditions upon machine stability
- Loading, storage and transit of representative materials
- The basic construction of pallets
- The permitted loading of scaffolds
B- Up To 9metres
C- All Sizes EXC SLEW
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card, candidates must pass both the CSCS touch screen Health and Safety test (within the last 2 years) and the CPCS Theory Test and the
Practical Test. These construction plant examinations can be viewed online at: www.citb.co.uk/cards-testing/construction-plant-competence-scheme-cpcs.
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Register and complete the NVQ level 2 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.
If you have any questions or queries regarding plant operation examinations, please do not hesitate to contact MPH Training on 01603 882220.