To provide thorough practical and theory training in operating a Rough Terrain Forklift, to enable the candidate to competently and safely operate the machine
and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
- Operating the machine on all normal tasks for which it is designed
- Deciding whether a particular load is safe to lift
- Carrying out routine plant servicing procedures and maintenance in accordance with the manufacturers instructions
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine servicing procedure
- Preparing and driving the machine on public highways, and loading in onto a transporter in accordance with the requirements of the Road Traffic Acts
- The purpose and capabilities of the machine and any relevant safety precautions necessary for its operation
- How the machine works and the maintenance requirements involved
- The effect of load, size, weight, gradients and ground conditions upon machine stability
- The loading, storage and transit of representative materials
- The basis construction of pallets
- The permitted loading of scaffolds
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CSCS touch screen Health & Safety test (within the last 2 years) and the CPCS Theory Test
and the Practical Test. These tests can be viewed online at: www.cskills.org/centreandschool/cpcs.
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Register and complete the NVQ level 2 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.
If you have any questions or queries regarding plant operation examinations, please do not hesitate to contact MPH Training on 01603 882220.