To provide thorough practical and theory plant training in operating a 180 degree Excavator, to enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS
Theory and Practical Tests.
- Operating the machinery to a minimum standard
- Fitting and operating ancillary equipment
- Siting the machine safely and efficiently
- Carrying out minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures
- Preparing the machine for travelling on the public highway
- The capabilities of each machine, its purpose and limitations
- All safety precautions necessary for the correct operation of the machine
- How diesel engines work and how various parts of the machine operate
- How to interpret the information provided by level pegs, profiles and so on
- What routine adjustments and plant servicing procedures are necessary, and how to carry them out
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CSCS touch screen Health & Safety test (within the last 2 years) and the CPCS Theory Test and the
Practical Test. These tests can be viewed online at: www.cskills.org/centreandschool/cpcs.
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Register and complete the NVQ level 2 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.
If you have any questions or queries regarding plant operation examinations, please do not hesitate to contact MPH Training on 01603 882220.