To provide thorough practical and theory plant training in operating a 180 degree Excavator, to enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS
Theory and Practical Tests.
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform to manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook
- Other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Configure and ready for site and highway travel
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
- Configure and set-up for excavating duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Excavate differing types of excavations in various types of ground
- Place materials into transporting vehicles and hoppers
- Grade, spread and level ground and materials
- Attach and remove buckets
- Lift, move and place basic slung loads with the rear boom
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CSCS touch screen Health & Safety test (within the last 2 years) and the CPCS Theory Test and the
Practical Test. These tests can be viewed online at: www.cskills.org/centreandschool/cpcs.
On successful completion of the Theory & Practical tests the candidate is awarded the Red Trained Operators Card which is valid for two years.
Register and complete the NVQ level 2 for the Blue Competent Operators Card which is valid for five years.
If you have any questions or queries regarding plant operation examinations, please do not hesitate to contact MPH Training on 01603 882220.